Min menu

Pages

 


My son was diagnosed with eczema when he was young. At first, we were told that he would outgrow the itchy, red patches on his skin, but his symptoms only worsened. Over time, his skin became more inflamed and it became nearly impossible for him to leave his bedroom. A doctor prescribed steroids, but they had no effect.

eczema

I’ve always had eczema. When I was a kid, my mom used to say that I was allergic to everything. I was allergic to the soap in the school bathrooms, and after using it, I would break out into painful red rashes all over my body. I was also allergic to the cat hair on our furniture, and after spending time at our neighbors’ house, I would break out into painful red rashes all over my body.
Eczema is a type of skin disease that causes the skin to become red, itchy, and swollen. It is the most common form of skin disorder in children, affecting about one in five children in the United States. It can cause intense itching, which can lead to secondary infections and make the skin worse. It is not known what causes eczema, but there are many theories.
Eczema is an immune-mediated skin condition that causes redness, itchiness, and swelling. It commonly affects the hands, feet, and face. It is often associated with allergies, atopic dermatitis, and certain genetic syndromes, such as ataxias and neurocutaneous syndromes. Eczema is a chronic condition, meaning that it may come and go.
I’ve had eczema since I was a little kid. It didn’t really bother me much until I went to college and started to wear more tight, synthetic fabrics like jeans and tees. At first, the itching was barely noticeable, but after a few months, I noticed my hands and feet were breaking out in painful, red patches on my skin. I tried everything I could think of to treat it: creams, ointments, pills, and even acupuncture.


Over the years, my skin has gotten worse. I’ve had to go to the doctor multiple times for steroid injections and even had to have a tube inserted into my arm so they could administer them directly. Nothing has worked. I’ve tried everything from prescription creams and ointments to natural remedies and even acupuncture, but nothing has been enough to stop the itching.
Over the years, my eczema continued to get worse. I tried different medications, but nothing seemed to work. I spent countless hours rubbing hydrocortisone cream into my hands and feet, but it did little to ease my symptoms. Sometimes, the itching was so intense that I would rub my skin raw just to get relief.
Over the years, my eczema has gotten worse, and I’ve had to learn to manage it. I’ve learned to buy organic and non-synthetic fabrics whenever I can, and I make sure to change my clothes before bed so I don’t bring in any allergens into my bedroom. I also use natural soap whenever possible and keep my cat out of my room as much as possible. Despite my best efforts, my eczema is still an issue, and I’m often left with painful red rashes all over my hands and feet.
I tried every cream, ointment, pill, and even acupuncture treatment I could find, but nothing seemed to work. I felt like my clothes were too tight, and I was itching all the time. I would hide my eczema under long sleeves and pants so that people wouldn’t notice, but I couldn’t hide it forever. Eventually, it became too much to bear.

dyshidrotic eczema


Comments